Graduate students have needs and campus schedules that are much different than those of undergraduate students. Yale Hospitality has developed unique meal plan programs designed especially for graduate students.
The Divinity Plan
The Divinity School requires all of their students to support their graduate community by purchasing a meal plan. The Divinity plan is a declining points program designed specifically for Divinity Students. The cost of the plan for 2017-2018 is $550 per semester for full-time students and $275 per semester for part-time students. Dining Points can carry over from Fall to Spring semester only. Points remaining after the Spring Semester will NOT be reimbursed.
The Harkness Plan
Harkness does not have a mandatory meal plan. Individuals who would like a meal plan option can select any of our traditional meal plans, our Off-campus meal plan, or use Eli Bucks for more flexibility.
Off-Campus Student Meal Plans
Non–residents, that is those who live off–campus in non–University provided housing, have choices too. Whether an undergraduate or graduate student, you may purchase the Anytime Meal Plan, the Full Meal Plan, the Any 14 Plus Points Meal Plan, or the Off-campus Meal Plan.
- Available only to students living off-campus
- 5 meals per week (reset weekly)
- 30 meal block (for guest meals or for extra weekly meals) per semester. Block meals carry over from Fall to Spring only.
- $125 per semester in Dining Points to spend at KBT Café, Café Med and Durfee’s Convenience Store. Dining Points can carry over from Fall to Spring semester only. Points remaining after the Spring Semester will NOT be reimbursed.
- $1,125 per semester
Eli Bucks—Better Than Cash!
Eli Bucks are a great way to have maximum dining flexibility on campus and save 10% at time of purchase.
What are Eli Bucks? They’re dining dollar credits applied to your Yale University ID card. As such, they give students and university staff an easy way to purchase meals across the Yale campus and eliminate the need to carry cash or credit cards for that purpose. To use Eli Bucks, you simply present your University ID card at the time of purchase.
- Eli Bucks can be used at any of Yale Hospitality’s retail cafés, convenience stores, restaurants or residential dining halls. Eli Bucks can be used to purchase complete meals or to supplement a student meal plan. (Eli Bucks may also be used in any of the college dining rooms, but do not provide gate access to these areas. To enter a college other than your own, you should be accompanied by a college resident student who can provide access).
- Eli Bucks have another advantage: they qualify you to a 10% discount at the point of sale of most Yale Dining campus locations (i.e., the discount is not valid at the School of Management, the Yale Golf Course or The Kosher Kitchen at Joseph Slifka Center).
- Additional Eli Bucks can be purchased at any time, in any amount.
- Eli Bucks can be purchased by active Students, Staff and Faculty with a valid Yale University ID.
- As long as your status with the University does not change, your Eli Bucks will not expire, and will carry forward from year to year.
- Purchases can be completed by credit card, using our secure payment site.
- No minimum purchase is required.
- Eli Bucks can easily be purchased online. Log in to the Eli Bucks secure portal to purchase Eli Bucks, view your current balance, look up your last 50 transactions or manage your account in other ways.
For more information, or to add Eli Bucks to your student account visit click here
Graduate Retail Dining Options
Click here to view some of your Retail Dining location options that feature taste–tempting specials daily.