On behalf of the entire Yale Hospitality team, we are here to support you and wish you much success on your academic journey here at Yale.
At the heart of what our Yale Hospitality staff does for you every day is ensure that you are nourished in more ways than one – even in the midst of a global pandemic. Our team has been working tirelessly throughout the spring and summer to continue supporting our Yale community, advancing its mission community, and remaining dedicated to reducing the risk of spreading COVID-19.
As such – we have substantially modified our service methodology, operations and activities to support the health and safety of all. Our team will be here to support you during challenging times, while remaining unwavering in our commitment to excellence – our commitment to you, through ongoing:
- Rigorous safety and sanitation measures to ensure we craft and serve healthy and delicious meals in the safest environment possible
- Sourcing of sustainable foods, with a focus on local and seasonal ingredients
- Preparation of highest quality meals from fresh ingredients and delectable home-made goods from our own bakery
- Investing in our chefs and culinary experts to keep their skills sharp, and our menus well-rounded
- Accommodations for unique dietary needs through our robust allergen program
- Initiatives centered around the overall health & wellness of the entire Yale community
- Programs to educate and encourage the reduction of waste, enhanced recycling and additional sustainability efforts
Gathering around a table in our residential colleges and dining locations is a long-standing tradition of the Yale undergraduate experience. Although the dining experience will look different this year, we hope you will enjoy each meal, as well as the attentive planning and consideration behind every detail. Please always feel free to share feedback with us.
We are honored to be part of your college experience.
Rafi Taherian, Associate Vice President, Yale Hospitality